Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Today was another lovely day!

It all started with a walk (again). We were out and about and decided to walk to the Tirana National Park. Quite a walk, but we were having a great conversation about a book I am reading about Albania back in the 60's when it was still communist. One of our friends in the building, an American missionary, gave it to me to read and I find it very interesting. So, the walk actually seemed quite short. :)

The park is pretty, very simple, just trees and pathways. It is built around a large man-made lake at the base of Dajti mountain. The mountains surrounding the city really are beautiful. Sometimes, on the bus, or walking I catch a glimpse of them and I am reminded that where we live is so unique and pretty in that way.

Here are some pictures from our walk and I hope you can enjoy the views as much as we do in person.

2 comments:

  1. So are the winters mild where you are or does it get colder?? Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete