Friday, November 13, 2009

Interesting Fact

Interesting Albania Tidbit time!
There are people selling chestnuts on the side of the road. They roast them on little mini hibachis (and I mean mini!) with coal and then you can buy a roll of paper full of peeled ones for 100 lek (one dollar, haha). I will try to take a picture so you can see how cute it is.
Another one: Yesterday I was walking to the school and I saw, in the middle of downtown Tirana in Skenderbeg Square.... two ponies! They were just standing on the sidewalk. Hmmm.

In other news, my subbing at the school has ended for now. However, they did hire me as a tutor for two students! Now I will be going to the school every Tuesday and Thursday to help two second graders after school. Also, they have said they will definitely be in touch and call me if they ever need a sub. Good news!

I met some nice American women who are teachers at the school and they have invited me on a day-trip with them tomorrow to Durres, a beach about half an hour away from Tirana. There is a nice town with shops, etc so it should be a fun day trip. I will post pictures!

2 comments:

  1. The chestnuts is an italian thing too-Grandpa used to cook them in the oven- you should try them. It's nice that you are making friends over there that you can do things with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring me a pony home?
    I'm so glad you get to have this experience!

    ReplyDelete