Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Attempt #1

It all started because I was determined to cook dinner tonight.

I searched long and hard for a recipe online that looked tasty, simple to make and with few expensive ingredients. Our stove top works but unfortunately our oven does not (we left it on for half an hour to test it and it didn't heat up). So, as you can imagine, this severely limits what I am able to cook and besides the one time Bledi made soup, usually it is salad and some meat for dinner.

But today I was determined! I was going to cook dinner for my husband and it was going to taste good! (As we all know, if I cook, there is no guarantee about the "tasting good" part). So, once I found the perfect recipe, Bledi and I walked alllll the way to EuroMax, the closest supermarket in town, which is pretty far! We bought all the ingredients and then I was off.

I set out to cook Giada from Food Network's Mushroom Ravioli with Balsamic Brown Butter. Sounds good, right? Everything was fine until I tried to add the cold balsamic to the hot butter (OUCH!) and until I guessed about the amount of salt to add to the sauce (in my defense, we do not have measuring spoons). In the end, it came out alright, but wayyyy too salty and only slightly edible.

Let's call this cooking attempt #1 and maybe in a few days I will try again!

2 comments:

  1. Measuring Spoons? Christmas is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, in Albania they say that you love your husband a lot when you use a lot of salt :) I am sure Bledi will not mind it if it happens again...

    ReplyDelete