Monday, November 9, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away....

.... Don't come back another day.

Original, I know.

I always said that I couldn't wait to move out of New England to get away from the snow. Well, here I am in Europe and apparently I have traded in the snow for rain. It seems to have rained every single day for a week plus now. At least I bought some sneakers last week so I won't have any more pairs of shoes just disentegrate on me. (Hour long walk home in the rain in cloth shoes = no more shoes).

The past week has been busy, busy, busy. I have been tutoring as well as working every day at the school as a substitute in first grade. I really enjoy it, and it has been a lesson for me in teaching, for sure. If I want to be a teacher I have a lot to learn! The kids are great, but it is hard to stand in front of a class and teach as well as try to control their behavior at the same time.

Here are a few shots that I took off of our balcony tonight just as the rain started to clear up. You can see my laundry that I have been trying to dry for three days now..... no, there are no dryers in Albania. I guess you could say we have "gone green". The rain is making this process a little bit more difficult, it's a good thing we have more towels.



No comments:

Post a Comment