Monday, November 23, 2009

The week in news.

Anybody have a "case of the Mondays"? Bledi and I certainly don't, seeing as we are lounging around as if it is still Sunday. Bledi finally starts his new job next week (fingers crossed!) as a computer technician / English/Albanian translator at a language center. And I have found myself two new tutoring students, but this time - they're adults! One young woman about my age who needs to learn English and another lady who wants to practice speaking conversational English. That is a total of 5 students if you have been keeping track.... I think that's enough for now! I am so lucky to have some connections here already, people at the school and at home who have been on the lookout for prospective students for me.
There were some protests in the city this past weekend. I think that they were protesting the previous election results, but I am not sure of the details. It was interesting to see, because the protesters had blocked off a huge part of the main street downtown with tents. Luckily, it went on with no real danger and nothing bad happened.
And by the way, this morning I made pancakes from scratch.... and they were really good!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment