Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hi from Albania

Hi everybody!
Bledi and I are having fun here in our new home, Albania!
Just an quick update on everything we have been doing so far....

We are living at our home in the capitol city of Tirana. So far we have been wandering the city (by walking!) and learning our new surroundings. The streets here are always crowded with people and the city is never quiet. We are having a lot of fun visiting Bledi's old friends and having a lot, a lot of coffee!! For those who are not familiar with Albania, almost every other store on the street is a small coffee shop and everyone likes to sit down and have an espresso ( I drink macchiato - espresso with a dollop of froth) at all times during the day! You almost never see an empty coffee place here.

I have been going on a lot of interviews for jobs and I finally found one as a private tutor for a young student at a private school here in the city. I will be tutoring him every single night during the week and it sounds like a great opportunity for me to get some teaching experience. I am hoping to find some more students, as well, so I can tutor them out of our house.

Well that is all for now but soon I will post some video so that everyone can see what Albania looks like!

3 comments:

  1. We're glad to hear that things are coming together over there. We all miss you and hope to see you soon.

    Love, Mom and Dad

    p.s. Bella should be arriving soon. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I've let the cat out of the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! That sounds great. I hope I can visit sometime before you come home...or we can just take a trip later to visit Grandma Vrioni since you'll know how to speak the language by then!

    Love
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What no Target in Albania? Someone needs to call Target!

    We are watching football being played near Boston and it is snowing- a lot! What happened to fall weather?

    ReplyDelete