Friday, October 16, 2009

Doing the simpleist things....

The simpleist things here are a lot more challenging than at home. For instance, we need a new fixture for the bathroom - just something like you would pick up at bed bath and beyond - to hold our shampoo, etc. (everything is everywhere right now.) I also need some more winter clothes since I didn't have so many to pack and it has gotten FREEZING here overnight leaving Bledi and me both with colds.

So instead of going to the nearest store, we had to walk, walk, walk to Skenderbeg Square (i'm not sure maybe a 15-20 minute walk), wait for the free bus, get on the bus, drive for 10 minutes to the mall.... and then we decided we were too cheap to buy anything anyway! Although I did manage to buy one nice black sweater.

Today the Director of MIST called and I am happy to report that he wants to meet with me next week to discuss some long-term subbing at the school. :)
Also Bledi has a new job prospect as well, if everything goes well I will be sure to let everyone know about it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine and Bledi,
    I love your blog, everyone in a while I log in and feel like we are having coffee at 59ers or Blue Back Square :)
    I guess these are the little things that we Albanian's don't mind :) we love running around for nothing.

    ReplyDelete