Tuesday, May 11, 2010

good things

I realize that a lot of my posts are about missing home, about not liking things that are different here, or other not so positive things. So I want to put a few things out there about what I've learned from living in Albania. Everyone told me that it would be a "good life experience" for me, and I totally agreed with them before I left. So, here it goes:

1. Money.
Um.... in short... maybe I wasn't so good at managing it. I'm still not, but I think I finally learned that you can't spend more money than you make. And maybe that buying expensive things (when you aren't a bazillionare) is actually a little silly.

Not knowing where to buy new stuff, like makeup, here has forced me to use up the stuff I already have. Guess what? I've been using the same tube of foundation since January. I just use it more sparingly and I will actually use the whole bottle. Shocker, I know. But before, I would just tire of it and go buy a new one. I'm actually amazed at how long I've stretched out stuff just cause I can't buy a new one. I can't believe I used to just throw away my money like that.

family members- I will let you pause for a moment so that you can start breathing again. ;)

2. Fresh food tastes so much better than any other kind of food.
Even if you do have to buy bread here every two days (because it goes bad so fast).... it's really fresh. And amazing. And I haven't eaten anything frozen (besides ice cream and a few fish sticks) since I got here. I don't miss lean-cuisine.

There are probably more things, but hey, I think that's enough life lessons for now.

On a side note, baby is mobile! It started moving around last week. At first, it was just little tiny *blips* like a small, tiny punch or a hiccup inside my belly. This week, it's getting stronger and those blips are moving all around, not just staying in the same place. It's pretty funny.

I have been trying to make the appointment to find out what baby is... pink or blue???? but I've been unsuccessful seeing as my doctor has been out of town. Never the less, I'm actively trying to name it. Man, no one tells you how difficult that is until you try to do it!!

1 comment:

  1. Naming is hard. Especially when you have to agree on one with your husband. For some reason Charles and I liked different names. We only agreed on one, Ella. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete