Sunday, December 6, 2009

I did it!



Yay!
Today, I cooked dinner... all by myself!!! Now, as everyone knows, I am deathly afraid of raw chicken. I think I paid too much attention in middle school cooking class when we learned about e-coli and salmonella. But, today Bledi was at work and I was hungry so I tackled my fear. Bledi had bought a whole baby chicken downstairs at the market and some potatoes. I put on my rubber gloves and needless to say I touched the raw chicken, rubbed a nice oil/salt/pepper mixture on it and sliced some potatoes and into the oven it went for an hour and a half. And let me tell you... it came out so tasty! Woo hoo - I think I finally made Bledi proud. ;)
(The fact that I then proceeded to throw out my gloves and disinfect the entire kitchen afterwards is irrelevant, haha).
While we are talking about fears, we all know that I have had a lot of those over the years! Elevators, aquariums (yes, you can have a nightmare about aquariums)... but I have since gotten over those. However, for some reason there are a few things I am still deathly afraid of.
1. Mold! 2. Spiders 3. Heights
And for some reason, I seem to encounter numbers one and two incredibly often despite all of my efforts to the contrary. For example, Bledi's mother had never seen a spider in this apartment in 3 years... until I came here! Since then, we have killed about 5. Hmmm.
Also, just today only, I have found moldy bread and also that my backpack (of all things!) decided to sprout nasty green and white mold. Of course, I noticed it only after I had put it on my bed. Yuck.
I swear, if I wasn't so afraid of mold or spiders I would never encounter them!

3 comments:

  1. Spiders are so gross. Charles is all about saving the spiders and putting them outside to roam free. I am all about hitting it with the nearest shoe rather than freeing it to come back and find me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good now you can cook dinner for us when you come home. How can you tell it was a baby chicken, anyway?

    ReplyDelete