Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Preggo Abroad

Well, since being pregnant is consuming my thoughts and actions lately, and nobody knew about it, I couldn't very well write on this blog. Now that the cat is out of the bag, here we go!

Yes, so the un-imaginable has happened! Okay, well maybe that is an exaggeration. :) Once you get married, this is bound to happen any time! So I am 3 months along, about 13 weeks to be exact.

Don't let me fool you, we are really happy about expecting a little Vrioni! Now that I am out of the first trimester, I am feeling so so so so much better. I know it sounds cliche, but wow, what a difference a week can make! The first trimester was terrible, whew! I know I had it amazing compared to other women out there, but still, it was no picnic. I have never experienced exhaustion like that in my life! Actually, it was kind of comical. I would wake up at 6 am, go to school and teach all day. Of course, during free periods, I would doze off while doing just about anything. Kid's coats make good pillows! And once I got home, by 6 pm I was out until 6 am the next day. This doesn't lend itself very well to correcting papers, planning for the next day, etc. Oh well!

Of course, then there are the parts about being sick (and getting sick, if you catch my drift) but I'll spare you that!

Another part I am not enjoying very much is food cravings. Oh my gosh, food food food food food is all I can think about! It keeps me from falling asleep at night! I would lay there and just think of Panera sandwiches, McDonald's chicken nuggets, anything and everything under the sun that absolutely can not be found or replicated in Albania. Cruel baby! He/she only wants food that mommy can't find here. And it won't give up until I eat it... so I guess I'll be suffering for another two months or so with dreams of panera bread!

Hilariously enough, I am loving pickles. Again, cliche, I know. I honestly didn't even think about eating them until last week when the school served them for lunch and I ate 5 servings of them. FIVE! mmmmm. I think I ate only pickles for lunch that day. Now my mouth is watering just thinking of them.

Last week we saw the baby for the second time on the ultrasound. Wow, there really is no emotion like seeing your little one for the first time(s). Last time, it was just a little blob with a heart beat. Now it is huge! It waved it's hands at us, moved all around and was jumping up and down.

That makes all of the sickness, food cravings and exhaustion worth it. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is such amazingly great news! Yes it is inevitable when you get married. Well at least its bound to happen sometime. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete